Bangalore - Day 2

You can read Day 1 here.

We effectively did nothing all morning. Lazed around, checked mails, uploaded and shared pictures on Picasa. The way a Sunday is usually spent. Ranjani decided not be a lazy lump like the rest of us, and went on to meet up with another friend who lived nearby. We planned to hit the road after lunch. In the meanwhile, after concluding that we were too lazy to cook again, we ordered food. The usual Tandoori favorites with a lot of buttermilk. Whoa! So, after an extremely satisfying lunch, we dozed off. It was nice. It felt like we were back in our hostel at BITS. That's how we used to spend most of Sundays. The 'special' lunch followed by a long siesta.

Sindhuja had to leave early 'coz she had to meet up with some relatives. So, the remaining four of us finally got out of the apartment around 5 PM. Ranjani was to meet us in a cafe. We spent time eating and playing UNO. That was fun and funny. Our train back to Chennai was scheduled for departure at 10 45 PM. With still some time to kill, we landed in Forum. I'm sure most of us know about this mall. 

Now, I don't think the guys would believe this but yes. Women don't shop ALL the time. All of us, for instance, felt they had everything! You see, content. We didn't really think we needed to shop. How cool is that. After some walking and browsing around, we were done there! Aren't we all a bunch of angels?! Personally, my present expense mainly constitutes 'food'. Even I can't believe that I have had enough of clothes and shoes. All I can think of, is what interesting thing to eat next. Maybe that's what happens if you have been in the North all your life and suddenly living in Chennai now. No offense, but I seriously don't like the food here. Sigh, that's another story.

Anyway, it was way past 9 PM and we split ways. After hugs and goodbyes, we got a prepaid auto rickshaw to the railway station. It took us more than half an hour to reach, thanks to the traffic. The roads nauseatingly smelled of smoke and petrol. We boarded the train and were asleep the moment we closed our eyes. The TTR woke us up for tickets and the next time I woke up was when I felt the balmy air again. We were close! It was early morning and yet the weather was hot and humid. Phew! Nothing lasts forever. Ranjani's dad came over and insisted that he drop me home. In spite of all attempts to claim my tryst with Public Transport, he dropped me at my door step. Sweet! I actually like Chennai's PTC fleet. Trust me, most of the times, it's better to take the bus than getting lost in an auto rickshaw. Their frequency and connectivity totally impresses me. Plus, I never have to worry about  being outwitted. I plug in earphones and voila! That's the reason I can't take any insult to them. Singara Chennai!

That was Bangalore. And a reunion. Time of life.

You would also like



16 comments:

LAN said...

hey wow!! you update very often; nice way to keep your blog man!! i love the way you have built it; the template and the way everything is arranged, its just amazing!!

sandeep said...

heard that chennai auto guys are even worse compared to blore. i've recently discovered that blore public transport is not that bad after all (most people will disagree ... am sure), with some nice volvo buses and all. infact, the city railway station / majestic bus stand is connected to most places via a bus service.

but, nowadays, i live right next to the office and all it takes is a nice morning / evening walk to commute :) so, hardly any autos or driving in the heavy traffic (as u mentioned, roads smelling of petrol and kerosene ... and not to forget ... blaring horns) these days.

Pushkar said...

Agree with the common man part in Day 1 post. Another thing about engineers & engineering is most of them irrespective of their trade end up in an IT firm. So the technical education is virtually being wasted.

And ya its just not believable, the shopping part. The sheer amazement & surprise in your own description tells the story.

82, my word you & your blog's rocking!!!

TW said...

Hmm...As a former Chennai resident, I disagree on the wonders of PTC but I guess it is a whole lot better than autos.. I detest them and their robbing ways.. gah! The best transport there is a 2-wheeler :))

Food.. hmm... really? you don't like it? I mean, I know it isn't heaven and Bangalore offers a lot more but there a few nice places....

rads said...

I personally don't like B'lore food too...not many good restaurants or eat-outs...been there for 2 years but I still prefer Andhra food...And about Forum mall there nothing worth buying there...it is jus for window shopping...

AD said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tandoorilounge said...

I am a part Bangalorean by virtue of being married to one and have lived there for 3-4 years on and off. This one certainly stirs some good old memories :-) I wish there was a Day 3 as well...

Kadambari said...

Thanks LAN! That's so nice to know.

Hey Sandeep, auto wallas are a pain in almost all places in the country. And yea, I saw those volvo buses in Bangalore too. Pretty good. Nothing beats the walks though. :)

Thanks Pushkar! The Feedburner stats caught me by surprise too!

TW, 2 wheelers agreed. PTC has its faults, I know, but overall fares better than the Bluelines in Delhi. And food, I don't like South Indian food. So, not much hope for me here. :)

Yea Rads. Forum is just a place to hang out. And while away weekends.

Tandoori Lounge.. So do I! :)

lafemmereva said...

So good "Bang"alore for the buck eh?!!! :)

A journey called Life said...

looks like u had a nice break ;)

sawan said...

aha, tho ur swt lil time spnt in blor came to an end! :(

u grls din shop?? :P angels for sure!!

wut does Singara Chennai mean?

Mahesh Sindbandge said...

Pal by KK and happy days telugu song is perfect for this post...

if u don't know, Google out..:P

You may like it, i cant guarantee that...

Nice to know you liked Bangalore much..:)

See you around Kadambari..:)

Kadambari said...

Lol Reva! You bet.

I did. Hmm.. What do I call you. Chotu's mum? :D

I'm not sure what it means, Sawan. My tamil is pretty sad. I guess it means beautiful Chennai. It was called so, for tourism promotion like Incredible India.

Hey, I know both of those songs! Very good ones. :)

veer said...

hi,
Kadambari Iyer, I wannu be as ur unique friend 4 ever so please have my id's
gtalk: veera.us@gmail.com
ymessenger: veera_us@yahoo.com

I to design blog : www.stockxnews.blogspot.com

it is better if we both share our ideas ...

awaiting ur +ve response ur's veera...

varunshridhar said...

Buying more food??...had enough of shoes...??? how patriotic.

Ladies and Gentlemen, now that the footwear industry has booted agriculture in the political spaces of India, a few good souls(not a part of the oh I had TWO spoons of rice, u know..burp!)like Kaddu are saving the agri industry from job cuts. U've done us proud!

and wait a min...Chennai food not good? Have you ever been to Karpagambal mess and had Pongal, Ghee and Vadai? Have you ever been to maami's mess for lunch?..Sambbhar vadai at the roadside eat out opposite Brilliant tutorials? U've been to that awadhi restaurant, top floor, Savera? Chumma, you go to Copper Point or Hip Asia and Pergola and classify those are the only good ones! Grrrr.

anyways, nice post. I'm being lured more into writing personal blogs. and hey, sorry I'm late..14 already! :(

Kadambari said...

Varun! I'm totally pro development you see. I meant South Indian food. And I obviously don't order that when I go out to eat.
:P

P.S. I'm not exactly replying to 'twnbsa'.

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2009 - Spirals - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template
Get your own * TAG CLOUD * here