- Goddess Lakshmi is called so. Some say Goddess Saraswathi instead! Well, I guess they are all various avatars of the same one. (And it appears in the Lalitha Saharsranamam).
- It's the world's first novel written in Sanskrit by Banabhatta.
- This is an interesting one. Kadambari means the 'nectar/ wine' made from the Kadamba flowers. Intoxicating!
- It means 'book' in certain languages like Kannada and Marathi.
- A female cuckoo! FTW. I didn't know this.
My mum has a penchant for traditional sounding, rare and historic names. And my name is the aftermath. So, obviously back in school, I landed up with a number of innovative nick names. Kaddu was the obvious one though I insist, I don't look like one, yet! My case is like, here's Kaddu who looks like Bhindi. Well, and the other really mean one was, Kadhe-mein-bhari. (Translated in Hindi to filled-in-slush). Cadbury was also deduced from the name though it's almost as long.